IT support in English for Students
How to install the printer
- Download printix here: https://kunsthogskolen.printix.net/download (username and password it asks for during installation is what you use to log in to your Macbook)
- Then install Printix by running the FINDER script. (If you are told that it is from an unknown publisher, you must press ctrl at the same time as you click on the file in FINDER) Username and password it asks for during installation is what you use to log in to your Macbook.
- You will eventually be prompted to log in to Printix. Select "Sign in with Microsoft". Then the usual email@example.com and the password you use on e-mail / network at school. You now have a new printer on your Mac (Print anywhere (Printix))
Windows Computers the school has set up should normally have the "Print Anywhere (Printix)" printer already installed:
- (if it is missing, follow the same procedure as for MAC). You must also log in with "Microsoft account" on windows.
How to retrieve the printout from the printer:
- To download the printout, you need to download the PRINTIX app on your mobile from the Apple app store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
- When you log in to PRINTIX on your phone, it is then "Sign in with Microsoft" you should choose.
- Then the usual firstname.lastname@example.org and the password you use on e-mail / network at school.
- In the Printix app on the phone (NOTE: Not the browser, but the PRINTIX app): Tap the document in the list on the phone and select "Scan" and then point the mobile camera at the QR code pasted on the printer.
Prices Sheet type Colors / B / W Price A4 Black / white NOK 0.15 Color 0.25 kr A3 Black / white NOK 0.25 Color 0.50 kr A4, A3 Scanning Free.
Students receive an invoice quarterly if they have exceeded the free quota (NOK 50). The payment scheme means that students pay part of the expenses for machines, maintenance, toner and paper. Prices are on line, or below most other colleges. The solution is established on all printers.